Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CURTAINS



I must be as in shock as anyone over Heath Ledger. There are just some actors that you think have it all together. For me he was one of them. Burgeoning career, baby girl...the world at large at his finger tips. I was rudely alerted to his passing via an office mate who took it upon herself to shout above our cubes that he had died of a drug overdose. This was wrong and vile on more levels than I care to acknowledge.

Before we know anything, and above all, this was a human being, a man and a father. My heart goes out to his family. And he deserves better than media speculation, office gossip and rumors. May you go with grace to where it is you are going. I for one, am looking forward to your Joker, and wish that this was a joke on all of us.

Heath Ledger, April 4, 1979 - January 22, 2008

No comments: