Monday, July 13, 2009

JULY 15, 5 YEARS AFTER

My favorite email in some time:

Yo,

Just wanted you to know that there will be a car waiting to pick you
up at the airport in Paris, just look for the dude holding yer name
up!

J

I am off to Paris tomorrow, (finally, already! yipes!) and I cannot wait to bum around the city for a few days and eat, eat, eat! The hotel is booked and my girl Charlie is hauling my ass to dinner and the airport in just over 24 hours. I have no idea what I am walking into, but that is exactly how cancer was 5 years ago. Indeed I happen to be flying on the exact 5 year anniversary of having that nifty little tumor cut out and pickled in a jar. Seems like this year all those days you think you will never forget or recover from, are having their memories replaced by things like interviews and trips on airplanes to romantic destinations.

5 years out and my legs feel strong, my head is clear and I am ready to embrace the path I cannot see. I beat cancer, I know I will be taken good care of from here on out. I guess I just needed to find a little faith.

xoxo, wee

No comments: