Thursday, October 11, 2007

CANCER CONTINUES TO BE A MIXED BAG


aug 04

New research shows that Taxol may not be necessary or even helpful for most breast cancer cases. This was the drug I tolerated least and was scared of most. Taxol turned my nails black and peely, it made me sleep 20 out of 24 hours a day. It made my bones hurt from the inside as it worked to destroy my bone marrow. I was too tired to eat or talk. So it was especially comforting to find this quote mid way through the article, "We should have done this a long time ago...", referring to the new research to calculate the effectiveness of Taxol on Her-2 negative breast cancer. It must surely be Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

In happier news my prolonged recurrence scare has been officially called off! I am free of the cancer monkey!! My big nasty PET scan of Friday blog fame has come back clean! Whoo woo, I am off the cancer train and on to other fabulous things. There's no time for cancer in this girl's life!

* thanks everybody for your thoughts and support!

No comments: