Tuesday, June 2, 2009

SPATIAL RELATIONS

I am a planner. A mind mapping, day dreaming planner. I have lived entire lives inside random Sunday afternoons with good light and an internet connection. I am trying to do more real living and less couch fantasizing. But boy, the prospect of a new space has pushed my wee brain into overdrive, or overdream as it were.

There are a few things that I will need. Like rugs and bar stools and probably lamps. Then there are the things that I will want. Like color and texture and movement. If I was hiring a fabulous interior designer I would say, "Somethings borrowed (books), somethings blue (a stellar, electric, peacock blue), somethings old (vintage Bertoia bar stools) and somethings new (fat, fluffy rugs), and make sure there are wheels and things that hang! Go."




design idea: high planters






for the studio






the lamps over the bar, the rug under the bed




can you imagine a row of these hung high over the dining room table?


paying homage

No comments: