Friday, August 10, 2007

REALLY

Um yeah. How do you write about a subject that leaves you speechless? Thanks buzzfeed for totally creeping out my Friday!

The realies (that originated in California of course), have now gone world wide. I can remember watching something about these ladies (can I really call them that?) a few years ago and wondering what would become of them. I could never have imagined this. It is Pygmalion for the 21st century. Some people's whole lives now revolve around these silent partners. I guess with the available interchangeable tongue feature, who needs a real person?

Listening to these interviews I couldn't help myself from thinking up all kinds of ridiculous pranks to play with these realies. What if she commited suicide? Or what if Mattel makes a life sized Ken? Afterall he's bound to be hotter, and much more her type - strong and silent. What if she is really a cutter or some other self injuring masochist (would her partner hysterically rush her to the ER)? I know it's wrong but I kind of just wanted to light these bitches on fire, toss them in a flaming pile and say grow up boys!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I just watched the whole thing... and I think I am offically FREAKED out now...

um... yeah.... speachless....

weetiny said...

Amen sister! Here's to keepin' it real. I couldn't resist!!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't even watch the whole thing...my horror was off the Reichter. And, um...the a lack of logical function is astounding. Truly, YOUR the victim, cause YOUR parents, whom YOU live with, don't encourage YOUR inappropriate relationship with an inanimate object? Um... hmph...? I'm stumped.
I had to stop at the feet rubbing...

Unknown said...

Oh my god, I couldn't stop watching. I'm not sure which part creeped me out the most... The guy with the girlfriend and his 8 dolls... Or maybe the guy who is supposed to repair the dolls and send them back but occasionally has sex with them as well. So much wrongness all at once...

Anonymous said...

Wow.
I found this to be fascinating and terribly disturbing all at the same time!!
It was so wonderful seeing you at Denise's wedding! I love your blog! I will definately be visiting it!
Love to you!
-Megan Sullivan